Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Furring strips ON TOP of my roof shingles?

wrote:

On Dec 4, 4:53 pm, wrote:

Take a look at the tips from FEMA about roofs:

http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/howto/how2031.shtm

Thanks, but can what they said about the price be right?

"A roofing contractor will charge you about $100 to $150 per square
foot of roof area to remove and replace shingles and underlayment."

My roof is at least 60x30, not even counting the garage. That's
1800 sq ft, so they are saying it would cost around $200K for a new
roof??? Are they figuring in the cost of driving ice all over the
country or something?

That might be a typo.......should mean "square", perhaps. A "square",
in roofing terms, is 100 sq. feet.