Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Music on the phone line.

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article , (Floyd L. Davidson)
wrote:

He's got three lines

I have lost count of the number of customers that I have queried about the
number of PHONES in the residence and were told they have 6 lines or 7 lines
when, in fact, they have 6 or 7 EXTENSIONS. Many customers don't know the
difference between a "line" and an "extension". I now ask how many phone
NUMBERS they have. I have yet to run afoul of a Distinctive Ring customer and
that question.

Three LINES in a residence is very unusual these days.

It isn't the telset.

OK, if you say so.

Here's what the OP said:

"I have one room in my house where I have 3 different
phone lines and numbers which also are in 3 different
jacks (a home phone and 2 business lines)."

Pretty clear. I'd expect he's in the practice of accurate
descriptions; he gave the whole scenario in 6 or 7 lines!

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)