GMasterman

Default Shop layout

I allow 24" behind my 11X40 Sheldon. I am glad I did because I have to go back
there often, to clean up, adjust the gibs, and dismantle my taper attatchment.
Even with 24" it's tight for a 6' 230# no longer young adult to get some jobs
done. I suspect the car needs to be outside from the get-go, if for no other
reason than it's own protection from oil and swarf. I have a 4X8 wood table in
the middle of my shop and have acess to all four sides. Grinders are against
one wall, 1x42 belt sander, a 6" vice and my doubled ended tool grinder reside
on the table. I also keep several carpet samples for working off of when the
hard surface is a problem. My mill throws chips everywhere so anything close by
has to be movable for cleanup