Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fan is 'rocking' violently

wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:49:27 -0500, Crackles McFarly

wrote:

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:43:50 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
sayd the following:

"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:44:32 GMT, "Noozer" sayd
the following:

wrote in message
---MIKE--- wrote:
Run the fan at slow speed until you can get it fixed.

I wouldn't run the fan at all till it's fixed.

Shhh!!! Let Darwin do his job!

There was no need for that comment.

Your fan was supposed to come with a booklet separate from the
instructions,
which described the structural issues involved with mounting the fan
securely. Did you read that booklet?

It was a cheap fan and I read everything related to installation.

Why does this make me a bad person?

It doesn't. You now know what went wrong and how to fix it pretty easily.
Ignore
all the self-important a**holes who had no idea how to diagnose or fix
your
problem.

No, not self-important. He didn't really read the instructions. He
explicitly asked for the problem he's having now.