Posted to alt.home.repair
INSPECTOR via HomeKB.com INSPECTOR via HomeKB.com is offline

Default New Home Owner Suggestion

HeyBub wrote:
My house of 2 1/2 years old has been determined by soil tests not to
meet the 1500 pounds per square foot load bearing capacity minimum it
was designed for. 4 of 5 test sites next to my foundation failed by an
engineering company test.
So I have a dilemma-sue the builder, maybe get some money out of it
and still have a defective house or sell it like it is.

I find this subject fascinating, I am thinking of buying a new home and never
thought this a problem. I assumed that this test was run by the builder
before construction. I guess I should never assume anything. Other posters
suggested fixing the problem and my question is how do you "fix" this problem?
The OP sounds like being stuck with a "defective house" means it cannot be
repaired. Did the engineer tell you this? Also, what kind of foundation do
you have? Full basement, concrete slab, crawlspace?