Posted to alt.home.repair
hands on hands on is offline

Default New Home Owner Suggestion

On Dec 4, 9:05 am, RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 4, 4:41 am, hands on wrote:

My house of 2 1/2 years old has been determined by soil tests not to
meet the 1500 pounds per square foot load bearing capacity minimum it
was designed for. 4 of 5 test sites next to my foundation failed by an
engineering company test.
So I have a dilemma-sue the builder, maybe get some money out of it
and still have a defective house or sell it like it is.

Have there been foundation failures in your immediate area?
Are there any indications that there is settlement?
What prompted you to have the soils analyzed 2 1/2 years later?
What did the test results indicate is the bearing capacity of your
soil?

Yes having foundation issues, cracking.