Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Shop organizing... (pegboard)?

BillGill wrote:

RickH wrote:
I want to reorganize my shop this winter and I keep coming back to
using pegboard.

-snip-
I will probably be shouted down. But I like nails. I just put up a
few pieces off 1x4 and drive in nails. I find them much handier than
peg board. I have peg board in the garage, it was there when I moved
in. But when I started organizing I reached for the 1x4 and nails.

I'm with you, Bill. I'd put 1/2" sheetrock up for the fire
resistance- then cover that with 1/2 plywood.

I prefer screws because they are easier to move around, but the theory
is the same; Put one wherever you want- replacement is always
available.

Maybe the pegboard of 30 years ago was different- but I switched
because;
the pegs never seemed to be quite where I wanted them to be to get
things spread out to my satisfaction-
pegs would drop out of their holes when I pulled a tool off without
paying much attention--
I often managed to hang something too heavy for the fragile pegboard
and rip the hole out.. . .

Maybe others- but I haven't used the stuff since the 70s.

Jim