Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shop organizing... (pegboard)?

"RickH" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 8:35 am, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
"RickH" wrote in message

..
I was going to string a block and tackle
and cargo net to make it easy to hoist junk like the lawn mower up to
the loft shelf, about 7-8 feet up.
..

I don't think I would want a lawn mower (consider gasoline and oil as
well) suspended in a cargo net over my head.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

The cargo net was just for hoisting Rubbermaid storage bins with the
block rigging, I'll have a hook attachment for hoisting the mower.
The mower would be drained and pushed over onto the shelf, there will
be about 42-48 inches available from loft shelf to ceiling (~ 11
foot). No I wouldn't put gas on a shelf. But I want to alternate the
small mower and the snowblower seasonally to get back more floor
space.

Unless you know for a fact that your garage rafters were specifically
designed or modified for holding a lot of weight, you should do further
research on the subject, even if it means taking some very clear, well lit
photos and posting them at a site like www.photobucket.com where we can view
them easily. I'm not a home builder, but I'm sure others have enough
experience to provide some advice once they see the pictures. I'd post the
question here, and also in a newsgroup called rec.woodworking.

My concern is based on having a highly regarded home inspector comment on
what I was storing in my garage rafters. He said most are not built for this
type of thing, and the results could be disturbing.