Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
John van Gurp John van Gurp is offline

Default Pergo in the kitchen

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, wrote:

My husband and I are ready to replace the nasty black and white
checkerboard vinyl floor in our kitchen, but we're having a hard time
getting a definitive answer: *Is it safe to install Pergo in the
kitchen?*

We installed laminate (not Pergo but similar) in our kitchen a few years
ago and I would not do it again. It's almost certain you'll have a water
spill at some point. The joints around the sink area on ours swelled and
it's not repairable as far as I can tell (or could tell - we sold the
house).

Others may have different opinions...

John