Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Music on the phone line.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:
I might add one more thing. Make sure your grounds are all good.

There are no grounds on the telephone system in a home.

Other objects, such as the steel framing, won't affect
the phone lines by being grounded or not.

(Interesting question you pose though, about if they
should be grounded or not. I'd assume yes, but I don't have
any idea if that is so or not.)

I wonder how grounding the frame would fit into this
and if it should be grounded or if it should not be
grounded by code or best practices. I have never worked
with steel framing.

"kloud9y2k" u39589@uwe wrote in message news:7c273baf54dd6@uwe...
I have one room in my house where I have 3 different
phone lines and numbers
which also are in 3 different jacks (a home phone and
2 business lines). All
3 of them when you pick up the phone and hit a number
to stop the dial tone
or during a phone call, seem to pick up music or a
radio station, very loudly
too. This only happens in this room, an ideas on how to fix this or
counteract the music?

Thank you for your time

David

--