Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default 1.125" Ball Stud

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 19:02:15 -0600, Andy Asberry
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:47:45 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote:

No! Not for body piercings.

I have a pair of power steering cylinders that require a 1 1/8" ball
mount on the valve end. I've only found one...on a travel trailer sway
bar. Every camper supply I've checked has 1 1/4". I didn't note the
brand of the one I found.

Any suggestions on source?

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----

McMaster lists male rod ends in unmachined so you could turn and thread
for 1 1/8". I suspect you need a female rod end, so perhaps machine the
male one and machine a coupler sleeve. Another option would be to use a
larger size and make an insert sleeve to mate the 1 1/8" to the larger
size.

I'm glad you're on this Pete. What I'm looking for is just like a
trailer ball except 1.125" ball. Here is what I'm trying to hook up.
http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UI...-5999&catname=

Have you had a look at steering ball joints. Fairly simple matter to
press them apart and get the ball out.