Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Pergo in the kitchen

"N8N" wrote in message
On Dec 3, 3:25 pm, wrote:
My husband and I are ready to replace the nasty black and white
checkerboard vinyl floor in our kitchen, but we're having a hard time
getting a definitive answer: *Is it safe to install Pergo in the
kitchen?*

We have a dark cherry colored Pergo in the living room and it would be
nice to carry that into the kitchen and dining room. I'm hesitant,
because we're only going to be in this house a few more years, and I
don't want a stupid mistake to ruin our resell value in an already
unstable market.

Thanks for your input!

I'd say "don't do it." If your dishwasher, sink, etc. leaks it will
warp and there's no fixing it but to redo it. Happened to a friend of
mine; he got a sweet deal on rent with the understanding that he'd do
handyman type stuff around the house. His landlady wanted Pergo in
the kitchen and guess what happened...

nate

I'll give you that. We had glued laminate in our kitchen, and one of those
chrome-steel sink traps rusted through and caused a small dripping leak.
You guessed it, it tee-pee'd the floor and basically trashed it. This
flooring cannot withstand any moisture at all. Laminates were all the rage
years ago, but they are going the way of orange countertops and green
appliances. Some perspective buyers don't care for the "fakee" wood floor.