Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Can anyone identify these chrome pipes (plumbing ?)

"Count de Monet" wrote in message
I believe the two chrome pipes in the photo are used in plumbing.

They are 1 1/4" (32mm) diameter and around 6" long. The flange at the end
slips over pipe with the same diameter (1 1/4) and I believe they have a
thread at the flange end which has been cut off for use in the application
shown. I am advised these pipes may be some under sink joint of some type.

Please ignore the 45 degree cut at the end these has been cut this way for
the present use (motorcycle exhaust extensions) which are home made.

Photo he http://tinyurl.com/2vjoy8

Are you sure they are chromed? It is a brittle metal and difficult to cut
without flaking. The lack of corrosion inside or.on the cut end and the
colour make it look more like polished stainless steel to me.

Colin Bignell