Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Shop organizing... (pegboard)?

I want to reorganize my shop this winter and I keep coming back to
using pegboard. Mostly because it's a standard that has been around
since the 1950's so it is very non-proprietary, IOW I'm not locked
into clip hangars made by one manufacturer and there is a lot of
variety available for hangars. I want to run 2 whole walls with the
stuff about 48 linear feet in total 4 feet high. With 36 inch
shelving units under it and a loft shelf suspended from the ceiling
above it for bigger stuff. I was going to string a block and tackle
and cargo net to make it easy to hoist junk like the lawn mower up to
the loft shelf, about 7-8 feet up.

Is there anything else better and as universal as 1/4 inch pegboard
available? I want to finally hang all my wood working and otherwise
awkward to store tools, and clear some floor space. Any other ideas
for shop organizing?