Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Ceiling Fan is 'rocking' violently

According to JoeSpareBedroom :
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message

A bit of wobble is normal - ....

....only for a lousy fan. I've lived with 3 Casablanca fans. No wobble.

At _all_ speeds, and a bit of dust unevenly distributed?

We have a ceiling fan on a 2' drop shaft in a cathedral ceiling.
Has been running almost 7x24 since 1984. At certain speeds
it shakes a bit. At others it doesn't, so if it shakes, we tweak
it. And dusting helps ;-)

Not bad performance. I'd hate to have to replace that thing - 17'
up over a brick floor and cast iron woodstove. And not a lot of room
to get in a ladder.
--
Chris Lewis,