Posted to alt.home.repair
Crackles McFarly Crackles McFarly is offline

Default Ceiling Fan is 'rocking' violently

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:54:58 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) sayd the following:

A bit of wobble is normal - uneven distribution of dust alone
can do it.

However, it's a new installation, and the 1/8" gap is suggestive
that it (possibly the box) is working itself loose. Could be common
nails in the back of the box slowly getting vibrated out.

I'd keep it shut off until you can diagnose/repair the problem. If
the box is working loose, the whole unit might fall down.

Is the bezel moving, or just the fan?

The whole fan is wobbling, about 1/2 inch deflection.

The fan has low, med and high. I set it to LOW for now.