Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Microwave Magnetron Tube

The most common problem I have run into while using microwaves for the past
30 years has been a blown fuse inside the cabinet. Easy and cheap to
replace. I keep a few spares taped to a corner inside the cabinet. Next is a
defective microswitch on the door, often there are two in series as a safety
to prevent operation while the door is not latched. Little bit more
difficult to obtain and a little bit more difficult to diagnose and replace.
But doable.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Thomas" wrote in message
. net...
Hello. I have a less then 3 year old above the range microwave that all
of a sudden wont heat up. No flashes or pops, it just stopped heating
up. Everything else works, turns on, all the buttons, lights and fan. I
noticed that although my warranty was only one year that the magnetron
tube is under warranty for 8 years. Would the magnetron tube cause it
not to heat up? Im not really sure where to start with this so I thought
I would start here. Thanks for any help.

Thomas

Could be the magnetron, but there can be a dozen other reasons too, even a
faulty keypad.