Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] cvairwerks@tigerbyte.net is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Okay Craig, what do you mean by "high enough"? Does the valve not have to
be at low point to drain the tank? If I have the valve, say, 2 feet high
would I not end up with 2 feet of water in the tank? I'm not seeing the
picture, please explain.

Hey Ivan: As long as one side of the valve is connected by tubing or
piping to the bottom of the tank,
tank, it is going to drain when you open the valve. It really doesn't
matter too much as to what the physical
distance is through the piping from the tank to the valve, as long as
you are not adding hundreds
of feet.....The one side of the valve is always going to see tank
pressure wether there is 1' of
tubing between the valve and tank or 100'. We just mounted the valve
within a short distance from
the wall switch for the compressor so that it was very handy to open
when you were shutting down the
compressor. No bending over or reaching under the tank to get to the
valve.

Hope that this and other replies have helped clarify for you.

Craig C.