Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Microwave Magnetron Tube

On Dec 3, 1:41 am, "Thomas" wrote:
Hello. I have a less then 3 year old above the range microwave that all of
a sudden wont heat up. No flashes or pops, it just stopped heating up.
Everything else works, turns on, all the buttons, lights and fan. I noticed
that although my warranty was only one year that the magnetron tube is under
warranty for 8 years. Would the magnetron tube cause it not to heat up? Im
not really sure where to start with this so I thought I would start here.
Thanks for any help.

Thomas

Strongly advise that unless you are an 'experienced' electronics
transmitter/microwave technician DO NOT attempt to fix it it
yourself.
Lethal voltages (5000 volts etc.) and possibility of microwave
radiation if not reassembled correctly.
Microwave ovens are essentially a 1000 watt radio transmitter in a
metal box.
Please be very careful. The meat you cook could be yourself!
Yes it may be the magnetron, but unless the warranty covers ALL costs
including bench labour etc! And the warrantor may not tell you
correctly what was wrong? New m.waves can be bought relatively
cheaply.