Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5639 Ignoramus5639 is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

On 2007-12-03, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

wrote in message

Ivan: When you move the valve, move it high enough that you can reach
it without having to bend over.

Okay Craig, what do you mean by "high enough"? Does the valve not have to
be at low point to drain the tank? If I have the valve, say, 2 feet high
would I not end up with 2 feet of water in the tank? I'm not seeing the
picture, please explain.

On the quincy that I had briefly, there was a very interesting drain
contraption (which I am not sure if it will work well if it ever
freezes).

There was a flare adaptor and a soft copper line going from the tank
bottom up, up up and to the wall. It went pretty high, and went down
into a 2" pipe maybe 2x48 size. The pipe was capped, and a small
nipple welded into the bottom cap, with the valve attached.

Under the valve, there was an extra bit of hose leading into a bucket,
which collected the water and crud.

If you opened the valve, the stuff would drain, slowly and nicely.