Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] cvairwerks@tigerbyte.net is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

No 90� fitting on this baby! But, until I read your kind reply I had never
considered that the whole assembly could be brought to the edge where there
is not only more room but is accessible. I never quite believed that people
complied with the "Drain Compressor Daily or after each use" caution that is
posted on the compressor. On mine you would have to lie flat on your back
to reach under and loosen the petcock. Wasn't about to do that "daily".

Ivan: When you move the valve, move it high enough that you can reach
it without having to bend
over. We remote ours to right by the power switch and run some Tygon
tubing into the sink drain nearby.
That way when it gets shut off, it takes just a second extra to drain
the tank.
Just remember to secure the drain end so that it doesn't whip when you
open the valve. With it like that
you are more likely to get in the habit of draining it pretty often.

Craig C.