Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default fridge not defrosting

"dtong22" wrote in message
I have a Jennair side-by-side fridge (Model 2388ATB ). It is just not
defrosting at all. I am doing that old fashion way by defrosting it
once every 2 months.

What parts may be at fault most likely? Give me some clue to work on.

Daniel, Toronto

Frost free refrigerators have a small electrical heating element which is
switched on periodically to melt ice in the evaporator, the part that gets
cold. These are usually made up of a timer (mechanical or electronic) which
turns on the heater, the heater itself, and a thermal switch which opens
when the evaporator reaches a certain temperature deemed to indicate
"defrosted". Any one of these can fail, I've had all 3 fail in different
refrigerators. Pretty easy to test/repair. Here's some info:
http://www.appliance411.com/faq/howdefrostworks.shtml

Dan