Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Energizer ''D'' Batteries.

Allodoxaphobia hath wroth:

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:37:16 -0600, wrote:
http://www.newstarget.com/PhotoTour_...tteries_1.html

I never have bought any Energizer batteries before,,, because I don't
like that Energizer Bunny.I always buy Ray O Vac Alkaline Batteries.
www.rayovac.com

I especially like (and agree with):
"Mainstream consumers are remarkably gullible,
and few understand any technical specs at all."

This "AA-stuffed-into-a-D-cylinder" cheat goes way back to the Olde
NiCad days. I've also seen NiCad C cells stuffed into D cylinders, too.
Jonesy

The D battery has a "Sub-C" or "2/3 C" cell inside, not a AA. These
Sub-C cells are commonly used in rechargeable power tool battery
packs.

Incidentally, the adapter was patented in 1983:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=_UcuAAAAEBAJ&dq=4397920

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D