Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

Hey Ivan,

Want pictures?

Brian Lawson.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:18:03 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 06:29:59 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"

First off, my compressor shipped years ago with the tank legs bolted
to a wooden "frame". I never took that wood off, and always felt that
it helped reduce the noise when operating on the concrete floor. So
that would theoretically allow more space under than you have. More
recently I located the compressor such that it blocks the electrics
and motor of one of my lathes. Not good, so I stuck four casters on
the "corners" of the wood to make it possible to move the compressor
around. It's actually pretty easy to move, yet it surprisingly
doesn't "walk around" when running. OOMV on that!

Didn't the very bottom of the tank on yours already have an outlet
with a 90 degree fitting and a length of 1/4" or 3/8" pipe to a
manual valve projecting outboard of the tank?

No 90° fitting on this baby! But, until I read your kind reply I had never
considered that the whole assembly could be brought to the edge where there
is not only more room but is accessible. I never quite believed that people
complied with the "Drain Compressor Daily or after each use" caution that is
posted on the compressor. On mine you would have to lie flat on your back
to reach under and loosen the petcock. Wasn't about to do that "daily".

Thanks Brian
Ivan Vegvary