Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 06:29:59 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

Spent better part of 4 hours installing an automatic drain on my 60 gallon
vertical tank air compressor. It's a Quincy 6.5 hp dual stage.

Time spent was looking for fittings, going to the store, wrong fittings,
wrong threads, scrounge through my collection of brass again, learn to swage
copper tubing and PRESTO I finally had it all together. I had used my car
hoist to raise the compressor off the ground for ease of work. When I
lowered it back down I noticed that it 'rocks' on its mounts (4 legs).
Well, the drain valve assembly is slightly taller than space between the
tank bottom and the ground. About a half of an inch.

Anybody have any bright ideas about how to easily get this compressor to sit
higher off the ground? I'm thinking maybe bolt it to a 3/4" plywood base
and simply cut a, say, 4" diameter circle in the middle of the plywood. Any
better ideas that are quick and easy?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

Bolt a couple of 2X4s to the legs.
Or weld a couple lenths of steel tube (square) to the bottom of the
legs if there is no way to bolt 2X4s on.