Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 01:18:27 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 00:02:48 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:

There are plenty of professionals posting to their relevant
forums with taglines and signatures that advertise their
trade...myself included.

I that were all he were doing, I would not object.

What else is he doing then, aside from posting to a forum which is
relevant to his trade?

This "forum" is not relevant to his trade, it is a DIY newsgroup. Being
a handyman is not DIY. It is DIFSE.

Well, when people embark on a DIY project they often start by seeking
relevant information. That information often comes in the form of
books and articles written by experts....likewise DIY television shows
feature an expert. These experts are usually 'all-rounders'..you know,
a spot of building, a bit of carpentry, a smidgeon of plumbing etc.
In other words, a 'Handyman'.
If you want to Do It Yourself there's no finer person to ask than
someone who Does It All The Time - that's pure common-sense, and a
policy I strongly encourage in my own craft.

And "Nonsense" yourself.

Hardly a refutation. You've pontificated, thrown out some accusations -
now back them up.

Nonsense.

Ah, I see. From that response to a genuine request for information to
back up your accusations ( viz 'I that were all he were doing, I would
not object.' ) , and the, quite frankly, ridiculous assertion that
DIYers shouldn't look to experts for advice, I see that I'm wasting my
time.
Never mind, I at least had the courtesy to offer you the opportunity
to explain yourself.

BTW, you were the one who started with "Nonsense", if you don't like it
as a response, then don't use it as one.

It doesn't bother me, I can at least back up my statements.
I believe we're done here.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk