Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:31:52 +0000 Steve Firth wrote :
I don't think much one way or the other about Dave and his lifestyle
choices. However his stealth advertising is out of place here. If
others started to post thinly disguised business advertising it
wouldn't be long before the general population started to complain.

For 99% of us it isn't advertising because we're not in the Medway
area. Or to put it another way, how many of uk.d-i-y's readership
lives in the TMH catchment area - probably TMH only!

Personally I appreciate Dave's contributions to the group: takes me
back to when I was first self employed - a fellow BCO and I got so fed
up with some of what we saw that we thought we couldn't fail to make a
good living. We found out - as Dave often reminds us - that it's
harder than it looks.