Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

John Stumbles wrote:

You may
think TMF is a mouthy b*** but it seems clear to me that his posts are
motivated by a wish to share the joys and woes of his working life with us
rather than soliciting more business than he needs.

I don't think much one way or the other about Dave and his lifestyle
choices. However his stealth advertising is out of place here. If others
started to post thinly disguised business advertising it wouldn't be
long before the general population started to complain.

Just because someone is seen as OK, pleasant, friendly etc. is no reason
to persuade them to continue to commit newsgroup abuse.

Either that or declare a general amnesty and I'll start advertising my
businesses here.