Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen sink questions was do all projects end like this?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to attempt rebuilding the valves in
place, but I just don't have the experience that tells me I can do it.
Nothing says "excitement" like soldering while on your back inches away
from wood paneling...

nate

If the valves are very old, forget rebuilding, it will be a PITA at best.
If they are relatively new, replacing the cartridge is simple enough to do.

I used to visit my MIL a couple of times a year and she had similar
situations like a dripping faucet. I'd have fixed it for her, but after all
the years I'd probably have to replace everything out to the street so I
never tried it. If I had a week, it would be easier to just replace
everything along the way. Best thing she ever did was finally sell the
house "as is" and moved in with us. .