Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5639 Ignoramus5639 is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

On 2007-12-02, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

"Ignoramus13880" wrote in message
The quickest idea is to redo this correctly. This is what I only
learned recently. Sometimes redoing is the best option.

Iggy, at first I had no idea what the hell you're talking about. Then,
reading other posts I realized that, yes, there is another solution and I
will redo accordingly. I'll simply put a 3/8" "ell" at the compressor
bottom outlet and bring the whole "automatic drain" assembly toward the edge
of the vertical tank where there is more clearance (i.e., tank bottom is
rounded, more clearance near edge). Somewhere along the 3/8" horizontal run
I will put a "tee" and reinstall the original drain cock. And yes, I will
also raise the whole assembly with some sort of vibration damping material

Thanks Iggy, you always inspire thought!

Ivan, that's great, and that's how I would do it also.