Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 13:08:20 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

Does Fair Trader status permit you to carry on a policy of unsolicited
commercial advertising to a DIY newsgroup?

You mean, like a council would _know_ what a newsgroup is?

Personally I found this thread, with information on what it takes to get
onto such a "fair trader" scheme and how much weight it carries from
either the trader's[1] or their clients'[2] POV, quite useful. You may
think TMF is a mouthy b*** but it seems clear to me that his posts are
motivated by a wish to share the joys and woes of his working life with us
rather than soliciting more business than he needs.

[1] many of us on this group work for a living, and some of us do work
which overlaps with what others do as DIY

[2] not all DIYers are such fundamentalists that they do everything for
themselves, so most of us employ tradespeople from time to time.

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.