Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

Install vibration isolation pads under the feet. Kind of a
win/win deal.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Spent better part of 4 hours installing an automatic drain on my
60 gallon vertical tank air compressor. It's a Quincy 6.5 hp
dual stage.

Time spent was looking for fittings, going to the store, wrong
fittings, wrong threads, scrounge through my collection of brass
again, learn to swage copper tubing and PRESTO I finally had it
all together. I had used my car hoist to raise the compressor
off the ground for ease of work. When I lowered it back down I
noticed that it 'rocks' on its mounts (4 legs). Well, the drain
valve assembly is slightly taller than space between the tank
bottom and the ground. About a half of an inch.

Anybody have any bright ideas about how to easily get this
compressor to sit higher off the ground? I'm thinking maybe
bolt it to a 3/4" plywood base and simply cut a, say, 4"
diameter circle in the middle of the plywood. Any better ideas
that are quick and easy?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary