Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor frustration, help

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 07:26:25 GMT, "Randy Zimmerman"
wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Spent better part of 4 hours installing an automatic drain on my 60 gallon
vertical tank air compressor. It's a Quincy 6.5 hp dual stage.

snip
Anybody have any bright ideas about how to easily get this compressor to
sit higher off the ground? I'm thinking maybe bolt it to a 3/4" plywood
base and simply cut a, say, 4" diameter circle in the middle of the
plywood. Any better ideas that are quick and easy?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

If the legs have bolt holes in them you could set bolts in head down with
locknuts on each side of the hole. You could jack it level at the same
time.
Randy

Or just make some longer legs and weld them to the existing legs.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)