Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 01:10:05 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

My local council's trading standards dept operates a 'Fair Trader' scheme &
I've just been accredited as a member!

OO well done.
It's going in our area (Oldham)

http://www.medway.gov.uk/index/busin...fairtrader.htm

Not that difficult to satisfy their standards TBH, I already did 90% of it
anyway. According to several people I've met who are members it gets you a
lot of business. Cost me £124 a year.

What are the standards?

You get to use the logo on your web site (CD supplied with images is
absolute crap), get listed on the councils web site, you can use the logo on
the van etc.

Another opportunity to tuck up the punters :-) (Just joking).

Don't know if these schemes run anywhere else in the country, might help
some readers?

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free