Posted to alt.home.repair

Default do all projects end like this?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Today's project: replace the sink strainer in the kitchen sink (it was of
unknown - probably geriatric - age, stopper didn't seal, couldn't find a
replacement stopper to fit) along with the P-trap (was PVC, one fitting
was cracked and leaking) ended up having to get a new tailpiece extension
as well as the new strainer was shallower than the old one, also some hose
and clamps for the dishwasher drain as that looked pretty shaggy.
Do all around-the-house projects end up like this? If so, I might just
have to stop fixing stuff and start placing buckets strategically.

Of course not. Most are worse. Last time I decided to paint the family room
(1 gallon for ceiling, 2 for walls) I ended up spending $3000 and two weeks.