Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Energizer ''D'' Batteries.

Have you tried the new "low discharge" NiMH batteries yet? All the pluses
of NiMH cells, without the problem of rapid self discharge. I've been
running a pair in my cordless mouse for over a month now, and the software
reports they still have a 98% charge. Never got more than a week or two
from the old style NiMH cells. Only downside is that the maximum capacity
is 2100 mAh for now.

I haven't, I should pick some up for the flashlights though, the clocks and
receiver remote can stick with alkalines, I'd get carbon zincs for those if
I could find them anymore, they don't tend to leak.

I finally modified all my digital clocks with 9V batteries to use NiCds and
charge them, all it takes is adding a resistor across the isolation diode.
Those stupid things were dead every time I needed them until I did that. I
added a warning label to the back just in case they end up in someone else's
hands.