Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default OT - Geothermal Heat issue...?

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 15:11:19 GMT, chuckb
wrote:

Kenneth wrote:

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:21:13 -0500, Jim Behning
wrote:

Now that has a few good answers. I would not have thought about the
freezing closed loops.

Howdy,

Any responsibly designed system protects against such
freezing...

All the best,

but on the other hand:

from your OP
"The folks who designed the heating system say that with
these systems, it is best to leave the set temp unchanged."

any system that is operated outside it's design criteria risks failure!

good luck with yours!

chuck b:-)

Hi Chuck,

It would seem that I have not communicated clearly...

Indeed, the design folks tell me not to use any setback, but
they seem unable to tell me "why." Their lack of a
meaningful explanation was the cause of my original question
about the setback issue.

All the best,
--
Kenneth