Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default installing tin backspash

DanG wrote:

I guess we would have to know what you mean by tin. To my limited
knowledge, you won't be able to buy tin by the sheet.

Why? Has homeland security declared it a terrorist weapon?
Try he http://www.advent-rm.com/lines.asp?c...&materialID=48
I don't think that he really wants tin, or if he does, he doesn't
want this purity.

I'm guessing you mean steel sheet iron, probably galvanized. I am
not here to question your choice of material, though the thought
does cross my mind. Stainless steel, aluminum sheet, brass,
copper, FRP, or paint-grip galvanized might be more appropriate.

Any one of these materials come in different gauges or decimal
designations. A fairly light weight thin sheet would be 29 gauge.
Unless you are talking about a material designated a foil which I
don't think you can buy as a sheet, any gauge material will more
than cover up any wall texture. The big issue, I think, will be
how you intend to install the sheeting. I don't have a
recommendation unless I know what material you intend to use. Be
aware that metal has a much greater shrink/grow factor due to heat
and cold and can be problematic to glue. I can't see any reason
to sand or remove the texture.