Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Energizer ''D'' Batteries.

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:37:16 -0600, wrote:
http://www.newstarget.com/PhotoTour_...tteries_1.html

I never have bought any Energizer batteries before,,, because I don't
like that Energizer Bunny.I always buy Ray O Vac Alkaline Batteries.
www.rayovac.com

I especially like (and agree with):
"Mainstream consumers are remarkably gullible,
and few understand any technical specs at all."

This "AA-stuffed-into-a-D-cylinder" cheat goes way back to the Olde
NiCad days. I've also seen NiCad C cells stuffed into D cylinders, too.

Jonesy

I've got a pair (each) of AA -- C, and AA - D adapters. You just slip
the AA into the appropriate adapter...instant C or D cell. Of course,
they only supply AA current and amp-hours, but for some apps they can be
handy. They came with a set of Nimh 's and charger package I bought.

jak