Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
oldjag oldjag is offline

Default Clausing cross slide

Mike, I think I'll give Clausing a call Monday and see if they can
tell me what other lathes they made that might have a topslide/cross
slide which might interchange. I'm pretty sure a new replacement
would have a scary price. The existing cross slide is in mint
condition, very tight gibs and 0.004 backlash on the screw so, I don't
think it was used a whole lot. I can see it would be a more rigid
setup than the conventional TS. Maybe I can find someone who would
want to their swap CS/TS for my turret type bed + some $$$...