Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default installing tin backspash

I am going to insall a tin backsplash.. It looks easy enough.. cut the
tin sheets to size...

However, the kitchen walls are textured.. I don't know what it is--
whether a textured spray or stucco job.. It is kinda subtle in
texture, but enough to feel bumpy when I run my hand over it. Luckily,
the texture ends about a foot into the space between the counter and
the cabinets, so I got alot of smooth wall.

I am guessing I will need to sand this half foot area down, correct?
would a hand sander be highly recommended?

also, right above the stove is a slight bulge in the wall from a quick
patch job done awhile ago.. it is not noticible too much by sight,
just feel.. Is this bulge going to hinder in installing the back
splash? or, with the liquid nails and nailing of the tin sheets, the
tin back splash will be sufficently held in place..?