Posted to rec.woodworking
chuckb chuckb is offline

Default OT - Geothermal Heat issue...?

dpb wrote:

chuckb wrote:

Kenneth wrote:

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:21:13 -0500, Jim Behning
wrote:

Now that has a few good answers. I would not have thought about the
freezing closed loops.

Howdy,

Any responsibly designed system protects against such
freezing...

All the best,

but on the other hand:

from your OP
"The folks who designed the heating system say that with
these systems, it is best to leave the set temp unchanged."

any system that is operated outside it's design criteria risks failure!

..

A few degrees lower is "outside the design" for a residential hvac
system? I still think there's been no rational basis for the
proscription given unless, as Ken says, there's a problem--and if
there's a problem, I think there will be a problem irrespective of the
setback.

--

you seem to be reading things that i didn't say or if i did i certainly
did not mean to.. oh well, have a good day!

chuck b:-)