Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Clausing cross slide

I suspect you may have a turret lathe. With this option they did not have
the normal compound.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"oldjag" wrote in message
I brought home a Clausing 1300 lathe (13" x 36") that has a somewhat
peculiar cross slide. There is a main cross slide, with the normal
power cross feed, but instead of a normal compound on top, the main
side has T slots towards the front and rear. A regular Aloris tool
post is attached with a small base plate bolted down to the T slots.
Since It appears this is the way the machine was made, what was the
main use for such an adaptation? I'm guessing I need to find an
entire compound/cross feed assembly if I want to be able to cut
angles, chamfers etc. Since the lathe seems in pretty good good
condition, I'd really like to figure a way to install the normal
compound or adapt a compound from an other lathe. Any ideas or
sources for a used compound?