Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Ground on Light switch?

do you have a link to a picture of a light switch that does NOT have a
ground screw on it?

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
Waylon wrote:
Can someone tell me if the Canadian electrical code requires an ground
wire to be connected to a light switch, I always connected the ground to
the box, but a fellow electrician just told me they now need to be
screwed onto the switch.

The light switches that I've dealt with do not have a ground
connection...only the receptacles.

Receptacles, on the other hand, normally have the ground conductor
connected to the receptacle as well as the box (if the box is metal).

Chris