Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Slightly OT ...

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Another possible solution is to force China
to let its currency rise in value. A third solution is to prevent
incorporated businesses from setting up manufacturing overseas, which is
fundamentally immoral.

But is it ? Surely, it's equally immoral for any country to try to dictate
to its indiginous companies, how they should construct their business

model
in order to turn a profit ? And if you are then going to be fair about it,
do you stop all of the foreign companies that set up and invest in the US

or
the UK to avoid import restrictions or whatever, from doing so ? Would

there
be anybody in the US ready and waiting to take up the slack in lost jobs,
that would result ? Setting aside the 'exploitation' arguments that
immediately get thrown into the arena when you start talking foreign
manufacturing, are American and European companies doing a bad thing by
investing in those 'third world' countries, and would the inhabitants be
better off, if the manufacturing companies were not there giving them work

?

It is fundamentally immoral, based on the assumptions underlying the
creation of limited-liability corporations. I'll explain it, if you want.

I think you'd better explain that. Fundamentally immoral? Come
on...especially when you conclude by saying:

And that would be bad because ... ?

It wouldn't necessarily be bad, but it would be weird.

jak

jak