Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default New (to me) steady rest idea for goblets

I've never tried it and don't know if it works, but maybe it will
impress Mac.

I think I vaguely remember that for holding and steadying fragile
goblets to do the stems, polyurethane foam sealant can be sprayed in the
cup and when it hardens the tailcenter can be applied to it. I know it
sticks to wood, so how to get it out later? Line the cup with saran?
Plus how would you judge how much the foam will expand. The expanding &
hardening foam could possibly have had other uses.

Just forget I brought it up, Mac. Best to serve a tennis ball and ace
that goblet. Just be careful not to double fault.
Arragh!

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter