Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default How do you clean a cloth backed strip of sand paper?

"Ferd Farkel" wrote in message
On Nov 30, 5:04 pm, "Leon" wrote:
I have a 22/44 drum sander and I typically use a rubber stick for
cleaning
sandpaper but,,,, some times it does not get it all and leaves the smooth
paint-like build up. I was sanding Bocote today and that stuff is
extremely
oily. My belt loaded up and I was able to remove 80% of the build up but
the rest will not come off. I have heard of soaking the paper in
thinner,
has any one done this? Yeah I know, put a new piece on but this is 180
grit
and it was working fine until I ran the Bocote through and IIRC these
strips
are about $8 each.

Has any one bought the longer rolls and cut the ends themselves?

Sandblasting cabinet.

Yeah, I don't think so. ;~) That's a bit more expensive that replacing the
paper.