Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default New (to me) steady rest idea for goblets

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:39:55 GMT, "George" wrote:

You weren't keeping up on your reading. Old technique, but a good one. I
simply take the (Oneway) steady I used at 9:00 and move it to 3:00 when I'm
refining the exterior. The Nova, and I think, some other rotating tails
allow you to make tapered plywood disks of any size and bolt them to the
rotating center. Works as well as tennis balls or wooden cones, in my
experience.

I'd rather go with the tennis ball, George... the inside of the bowl was sanded
to 1500 grit and I don't wanna do that again.. ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing