N. Thornton

Default Projected lifespan of pushfix plumbing?

"Hepworth Plumbing Products" wrote in message ...
"Peter" wrote in message
. ..
Do manufacturers quote mean time to failure of pushfit plumbing? I'm
trying to decide whether to do some re-plumbing using trad methods or
some more of this new new fangled stuff.

Hi

It seems crazy to me to save an hours work and fit something that may
flood the place 20 years later. I wouldn't touch it myself.

The future can seem a long way off, but it comes anyway. Imagine if
you'd fitted pushfit in 1972, thinking 'millennium? hah' and now got
flooded from it. Not for me thanks.

Proper pipework fittings are
a) known to work well from experience
b) have a very long life
c) are a bit more work, but not much.

Some things are no big if they fail, but plumbing has consequences out
of all proportion to its cost.

Regards, NT