Posted to rec.woodworking
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default Can I bake particle board at 350 F?

According to the MSDS the auto ignition point on particle board is 475
degrees, a little to close for my comfort. Plus it's illegal to burn
particle board because of the toxic fumes, I'd have to believe that heating
it to that point would easily start that process.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
I'm planning to create a clay scale mock-up of a project and the most
convenient base I have for it is a scrap chunk of particle board. The
clay
needs to be baked for about a half-hour at 350F to harden. Will this
significantly degrade the particle board in any way? If so, can I use
plywood or should I stick to solid pine?
TIA
Norm